GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Tuesday 9 August 2011

Day 6: Home in Apsley, The Curse of Wifi.

Having a break at home for a few days was meant to be a chance to catch up with a few things and recharge the batteries, metaphorically and literally. So arriving home to find the phone line dead and having no internet access was a major pain in the backside (more on the physical later). I live among a maze of wifi spots but because it was the weekend most of the shop owners where not in and the people holding the various forts where either not authorised to a let a stranger jump on their internet or didn't know the code. So it is with great relief I can say a massive thanks to friends Su & Nat  and to Debbie at Apple Tanning for letting me use their internet and wifi. It's not until you have to go without it you realise how much it is intwined in every part of life now. But especially as my whole route for the next 2000 miles is stored up in the wibbly wobbly web.
My posterior has been resting and hopefully will be up for the fight against the now well worn leather of my Brooks Champion Flyer honey leather saddle. We shall see.




No comments:

Post a Comment