GPS tracking powered by InstaMapper.com

Thursday 1 September 2011

Its all gone a bit uber Tong

Hello blog fans. It's all getting a bit hard work and the heat is on.
Daily blogs will hopefully be updated when I've got the time but for now just a quick hello.
Kindle has broken so no free internet.
Mcdonalds is a pain and you have to ask the staff to borrow their mobile phone and you only get an hour.
Internet cafe's are few are far between out here.
Chain may fall off at any second, thought I could do it but needs a special tool! What a tool!
The average mileage rate has gone up from 42 miles a day to 50 miles a day. I don't think even if I do that mileage it will get me to Istanbul on time for my plane.
Drastic measures will have to be taken. ie:
Quit
Plane from somewhere else at great expense.
Hitch a lift part of the way.
Get a bloody move on and get those legs whirring and stop getting lost. I would probably be ok if all my miles were going in the right direction :(
GPS update has solved many problems and caused more , probably working out even.
On the good side, finding German people very warm and welcoming. A lot of them speak English which makes such a difference for conversation.
Oh yeah, and the beer is fantastic..this is probably why I'm falling behind my target miles...oops
Ive managed to visit 100% of towns and 99% of sights Ive needed to do so on the Thomas Stevens front its going well.
German Cycle Paths, hated them, loved them, hated them again. The paths are everywhere, sometimes asphalt, sometimes track but its the sign posts that screw you up.
I have no idea if I am going to finish this crazy thing or not. Will update more when the wifi gets easier or i fix the kindle.
Still no camera charger and batteries dead.
New handlebar grips are fantastic though. I also have two new pens...whooppe.
That's all now folks. I got a get on and Gonzo it up.
Peas
Richie

No comments:

Post a Comment